Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Super Productive Afternoon of Power

School got out 3 hours early today due to snow. The drive home was livable and I decided to spend the afternoon tearing through my curriculum and creating some new review lessons. All we have been doing lately is review, and thankfully the kids take their big test very soon. . .although I hope we don't have school tomorrow so the girls and I can go see "Bride Wars." If we do have school, I am sure there will be many bitter students and staff. Nothing can describe the joy of getting that phonecall and knowing you get to sleep in as late as you want!

Tim and I hit up trivia with Maggie and Ken last evening for the first time in a long time. We have decided to make trivia a monthly thing - trivia girl is still the most annoying know-it-all on the planet. We lost by 2 points but felt proud of our solid showing and totally obscure pick for next week's grab bag. I almost didn't go because I felt so drained from the day, but some nights you have to drag your butt out for a good laugh to get yourself out of a funk.

Here's hoping for a funk-free rest of the week . . .

No comments: