Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What an amazing read.

I finished "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult a few moments ago, and I would highly recommend it. My Aunt Barb and Becky had both read it and hailed its praises. The book's subject matter cuts to your core (the story begins with a school shooting in New Hampshire and backtracks through the lives of the shooter and his vitims) and is written so beautifully that one can't help but be drawn in. It usually takes me at least a month to get through a long novel, but this one took only a little over two weeks.

Next on the summer reading list is "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Haddon. This is one of those books I have been meaning to get around to for the last few years. I look forward to seeing what it has to offer.

1 comment:

AmmannFamily said...

I loved that book too! I have read all of her books, and if you like that one, you would love My Sister's Keeper by her. It is phenomenal!