Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Trying a new dessert

We are invited to a cookout on Sunday, and I bought all the ingredients tonight to make a raspberry cheesecake trifle. It involves making a ganache, something I have never done before, but the recipe makes it seem easy enough. We shall see come Saturday. . .

. . .I am finally starting to feel caught up at work. I have about a half hour's worth of sorting left to do with my beginning of the year paperwork, and if I ever get the motivation to grade tonight, I can start the day tomorrow with a very short to-do list. The kids are doing a new lab tomorrow, and I am excited to see how they do. So far, they seem like a very promising bunch with a pretty high amount of intellect and motivation. . .a combination I love!

And if all goes well, I will get another chunck of "Water for Elephants" finished tonight, if not the entire novel. It has been so nice to have time to read over the last week.

No comments: